Apomorphine pro and cons

Hi there can someone tell me how the apomorphine pump helps …can u swim with it . Sleep with it . Exercise with it …please and whats the dos and donts…and side effects please
Thanks
Haze

Hi there haze, I,m no expert but have been using pump for 17 months along with other meds,stalevo,pramipexole & amantadine.I am in my 20th year of living with pd & can say that what the apo go pump gives me is a more consistent day with less on/ off times.I am experiencing some bad hip & leg pain,but whether this is caused by this medicine is still being investigated. As for wearing pump I uses smal bumbag for day & night. If you ask your provider for neria.-guard needles you can disconnect to shower but I don’t thing it would be advisable to swim I have found it quite simple to fit the pump & remove but you must keep injection sites clean & nodule free.hope this helps

Thanks for the info …can and how do u sleep with it

I’ve been using the pump since June and unfortunately have had no benefit from it as yet, quite the reverse actually with more falls etc. I’m seeing the consultant today, so watch this space. Have to say the Apo nurse for my area, Susan, has been brilliant.
As far as sleeping goes. I actually switch off and take the pump off at night, also when I have a shower. Don’t know if that’s the norm, but certainly the instructions given to me.