Apomorphine pump

My husband has been on the pump for 7 weeks over this time he has reduced his Ropinerole from 16 mg to not taking any, The nurses keep telling us it could take up to 3 months to get the right dose, he is 75% worse than he was 7 weeks ago before starting the pump. I am just wondering if anyone has had success with the pump. Do we persevere for another 5 weeks,

Hi @davek,

Welcome back to the forum.

I really sorry to hear that your husband been feeling worse since taking the pump. There has been a lot of discussion on the Apomorphine pump on the forum over the years so it may be worth exploring some old threads for advice on this topic. You can find a few of them here and here.

We also have a information on the different forms of Dopamine agonists on our website, along with a Apomorphin PDF that you can download here, https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/dopamine-agonists.

Lastly; I’m sure you’ll hear from other members shortly, however, if you’d like to speak to someone sooner rather than later, you can have a chat with one of our advisers via our helpline service on 0808 800 0303.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes,
Reah