Appointment with Parkinsons Nurse and ESA Medical Assessment

Afternoon Everyone
I have my first appointment with the Parkinsons Nurse on 2nd August 2019. Is there anything I really should ask her/him. What does the first appointment involve?

To top it off I have an ESA Reassessment on the 6th August 2019. I had to get the original appointment changed as it was to be next friday and I have just received the letter and also it was on the first floor of a building which is wrong as on my form I put I need notice to have help to attend and also needs to be on ground floor.

I have struggled to get ESA with my other medical conditions so I am hoping this one will be the last one I have to attend.

Thanks for reading.

Hi @Bub1,

Before your appointment with the Parkinson’s nurse, I’d recommend write down what you want to talk about and what you want to get from the appointment. This can help if you are feeling anxious or worried, and can help you remember the questions you want to ask. We have more information on how best to prepare for your appointment here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/questions-ask-my-gp.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks Reah.
I want to ask her about aids to stop me falling in doors as I had another fall this morning dragged myself to the stairs and got up that way.
I am still worrying about ESA Medical on the 6th but my son is coming and taking me.

Hi @Bub1,

You’re welcome and I hope you get all your questions and concerns answered at your appointment.

Best wishes,
Reah

It would be prudent to mention to the Parkinson’s Nurse about your upcoming ESA Medical appointment and how anxious you are about it being on the first floor instead of a ground floor. You will be amazed at how helpful the Parkinson’s Nurse can be in your particular case, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, good luck.

Les

Thanks Les
I was looking at my last ESA last January and HCP report and she signed it off by saying on the available evidence review in mid term
Well I have more evidence now so we will wait and see
Could I ask my Parkinson’s nurse to do a quick letter while I wait to take with me would she be able to do that?
Thanks for all your help and support

Bub, it doesn’t hurt to ask, they can only say yes or no. The more clout you’ve got behind you the better. As for my help and support, you’re welcome on that one. If I can, I try to help anyone asking questions and it is all the better if I am able to provide an answer or solution to the problem. Take care Bub and keep us informed as to how you get on with regards the 6th August.

Les