Arm bands

hello Marion.. We do seem to be on the same wavelength ..

My husband and I have been married for 53 years .. In hindsight unknowingly we have been struggling/coping/living with Parkinsons for many years..

If he hadn't been such a determined independantly proud man he might have been diagnosed and had the help he needed much earlier..

Parkinsons wasn't something I had any knowledge of , other than when I was a child a neighbour who I now realise had Parkinsons would stand at his front door rock and eventually end up across the other side of the road . Of course they didnt have the treatment that is now available ..

This is why I am so passionate about learning all I can about Parkinsons . The more I understand it the more able I am of supporting my husband. At the same if I can help anyone else as well it will be a bonus ..

People are all in such a rush getting on with their own lives , impatiently and unknowingly brushing past others who are not as able .. In fact in our local market my husband was knocked over by someone in a mobility scooter .
Maybe if that person had recognised that my husband had a problem himself it may never had happened ..
But what about Cerebral Palsy, Motor Neurone Disease, Strokes, Altzheimer's etc. etc. Would they all have colour coded arm bands?
God point Christo.

Perhaps a general "Disabled" armband, in the standard pale blue livery?

After all, we don't have to distinguish our disabled parking bays, do we? (Imagine that - 2 bays for PD, 2 for Deaf, etc!).

If there were then to be an emergency, first aiders would know from your armband that you had a special condition, and look for more details about your person.
Johnnie
So sorry to hear your husband was knocked over by a scooter, hope all is well now

Nice to know we are on the same wavelength. Possibly because we have also been married 53 years.

It is all a very big learning curve and we can only do our best for our loved ones and hopefully help others into the bargain

I accept people in the forum think arm bands a bad idea.