Assistance dogs

I had a really bad turn a a bus stop WhWhn I came to there was this really goreous dog standing by me. It turned out to be an off duty assistance dog that had picked up I was unwell and came to stand guard and help keep me calm. They are such amazing creatures 

Aw, that's lovely!

Perhaps you could qualify for one if you keep getting bad turns.

Aye aye porthos

dogs are amazing animals and very smart what breed of dog was it do you know ? I have a golden retriever he's just a pet 15 years old and one of the family our sons named him dude 

Ian 

Hi Ian

I tink itwas a glden retriever. A lot fluffier than a Labrador. 

Would love a dog but we tend to have small furries and my son says no way in case they get tempted. Instinct taking over and confusing them to what is lunch!

Probably because I would go for a Scottie or westie and they were initially small furry hunters.

We went for a walk in a local wood today and met a few happy dogs on their walks. Am really tired now.

Porthos

Aye aye porthos

aye it would have been a retriever they are smashing dogs , I think your sons right for you not to get one as they are a big commitment and need a lot of walks , and you see how tired it makes you sleep well  zzzzzzz

ian

big grin

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum. I wonder if anyone knows how I can get my 2 year old Labrador certified as an assistance dog? I am a confident walker and have much better balance as long as he is walking next to me - on the left. I am looking for a new flat to rent and most wont take dogs. I would be lost without him. I think though that he might be allowed in if he is an assistance dog. It’s hard to get landlords to understand the help he gives me and how much I benefit from the exercise. They all seem to want to see some evidence i.e. that he is certified as an assistance dog. Can anyone suggest how I can get Bailey

certified? Thanks.