Attendance Allowance

I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 3 1/2 years ago and I am in receipt of the lower rate Attendance Allowance. Does anyone know when you can apply for the higher rate?
Thanks.

Hi @Margs1,

Many members of our community receive Attendance Allowance, including the higher rate form, so I’m sorry to see no one has stopped by yet to provide guidance on this.

We have a support page on Attendance Allowance that you may find helpful, but you’re also welcome to reach out to our helpline on 0808 800 0303 with any questions you may have about the allowance. There is also an Attendance Allowance helpline that is exceptionally helpful - they can be reached on 0800 731 0122.

Have a read through the support page, and if you still have questions, please do reach out to the numbers above. They can not only tell you when you can apply for the higher rate, but how, and will support you throughout the process.

Best wishes,
Joy
Moderation Team

Many thanks Joy.

Hi I am 67 .I used to be a Gas Technician but had to pack it in 7 years ago because of P.D .I still do 2 days a week on a computer but finding it increasingly tiring as my shakes are getting worse.I take Rasagaline and Sinemet .I also suffer from sleep apnea and use a c.p.a.p machine.I was told there is no chance of me getting any benefits because I am coping pretty well.I go to a Rock Steady Boxing group which really helps.My wife and I struggle to do jobs around the house and garden.Neither of us have had any benefits ever so not sure if it worth the trouble to apply as it may be a waste of time .Cheers