Balance

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
Does anybody else have balance issues in the house but if you go for a walk they disappear?

1 Like

Hi I’m newly diagnosed with PD waiting to see consultant. I do have this balance issues you are talking about. Sometimes I wander down the hall hitting both walls as I go. I’m hoping it’s the PD and nothing else.

I seem to bounce from couch to door frame to kitchen work top and struggle with balance if im stood still. Funny thing is, this doesn’t happen when I first wake up, my movements and balance are good. Also my balance and gait are great when I go out walking. It really is a head scratcher. I have no tremor. Ive tried 6 different meds in the last 2 years and nothing really works. Its very frustrating.

I’m the exact opposite. relatively fine indoors but can barely stand up outside.

Yes I’m the same, I have to hang on to furniture sometimes to keep my balance, but if I time my walk ok, I can stride out with confidence.

Hi everyone, yes my husband has terrible balance problems in and out of house. He gets up from his chair and then using his Walker makes it to the nearest chair about 3 metres sits for a minute then gets up to make it to the toilet which is about 4 metres. If he didn’t stop he wouldn’t make it to the toilet without shaking and falling. Funny enough as someone has said when he first gets up out of bed in the morning he can get to the toilet without falling. I wonder if it’s because he has been in the bed with legs higher than sitting in a chair.
He has been diagnosed since July but we think he’s had it for the last 10 years.
Best of luck to you all.

I seem to struggle more with balance indoors then outdoors.