Beginning my journey

Hello to all across the pond. I'm from the Boston Mass area and was recently diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's at 45 last month. I'm a father of two great kids and I worry every day about my future and ability to provide for them as my disease progresses. I have been consumed with learning as much as I can and have come across this forum frequently. I have found it to be one of the better websites I've come across. To be honest it seems that the progress toward new therapies that actually treat the disease are further along in the UK than they are in the USA. My neurologist didn't disagree with me.... It will hopefully be a great reason for a trip overseas someday. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know you all have a friend over here. I wish you all the best on your journey. 

Hi Vega and welcome,

There are a couple of us from Oregon here, so you're not out of place. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I hope your progression is gradual so that you can enjoy fatherhood and all the other things you planned to enjoy anyway.

Lots of us have gone on to doing and learning new things (even having more children) and trips away, so it's not the end, it's just another beginning, as your thread title states.

Welcome Vega sorry you are not in England now, and Sheryll.  Our weather is so much kinder than yours.  Hope you are keeping warm.  Wish you both all the best

Hatknitter