Benefit cuts

I went to citizens advice bureu with form. Make a copy because they ask questions based on what is on there. I forgot and waffled a lot. Remember pets are usually cared for as a family project, so if you do answer let them know that. Say that you not copecwith one without help. Pets have five basic rights, so you could mention you  could not fulfill those on your own. I was not made to do any tests that I said would hurt when asked,  i just said that would hurt to do that.

exactly the same as me xx

I see the government has decided not to penalise pwp by halving points for using aides. Which would be alright  had you got any points to half. I'm still not convinced.

appeal, they count on you not doing that. At least there is a proper doctor on the appeal panel. Remember these are ex security guards. Also go to citizens advice, it's a pain, but they have seen this a thousand times. They know the forms off by heart.  They also go with you to the appeal, takes a lot of. Stress off you. 

The last few days, ive been trying to make head nor tale of the 12 questions that make up PiP My first impressions I cant make sense of this cos i cant take it all in to my frazzled brain its too overwhelming that's one way it effects me, but I have spent those days 1 by 1 trying to set it out from Q1 to 12 how everything effects me I have made notes even though it hurts my hands too hold a pen and draw words rather than write so who ever fills in my form for me can make sense of it as I cant keep all that is wrong with me in my head and then relay it. I have laid my life bare in 12 questions.

I thought at first as i scrawled notes for everything perhaps I should hold back, Who really wants too tell the world what's wrong with You in every single detail??, but then this is happening to me,not them, and regardless of whether or not i get PIP i'm living this, all my hopes, aspirations, dreams have been flushed down the toilet and I not them have to Live with this crap.

Bring it on.

your pdsw will feel forms for you also tell you help you what to say ! stop worrying your be fine happy easter

Yes happy easter Gus

After my experience of work related medical assessment , my advice is:

LIE AND EXAGGERATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, they will try and make you appear on paper to be as fit and healthy as possible. Never thought I would be reduced to this.

Let me tone it down a bit. From my experience of an ESA  medical assessment, imagine it's one of your really bad days then give them your answers based on that day.

Why, well the medical doesn't  really assess the symptoms of Parkinson's hence you cannot score any of their brownie points. For example I can barely shave myself and can only do it with great effort and my body shaking itself to pieces, likewise for writing and using a keyboard. Their comment  "he has no significant problem using his hands. Therefore he is awarded zero points. Totally ridiculous.

Although I have not had a WAG assessment I have had 3 pip assessments as I understand it the assessments are very similar. This is the advice I was given by an adult social case worker: Answer all the questions as you are on your worst possible days your good days are irrelvent and during your assessment weather or not it is a good or bad day let them only see the bad day. I decided to make sure during my last one so I made a point of not taking my meds in the morning. As soon as she left I downed my meds and had to go back to bed cos I felt so crap BUT it worked small price to pay in my opnion. I qualifed for the mobility higher rate. I was not in an off state as such I was just late taking the next dose. We have this carp we might as well use it to our advantage. Seems extremely cynical some might think and maybe it is but they are looking for any excuse under the sun to deny a claim. No one will employ me now when I tell them about the PD and say I am 50 they are put off as soon as I explain what does happen when I get a Distonia attack they might as well be sat in a rocket because they are gone quick as a flash. So why should I have to fight for my entitlement just because I do like I said any excuse under the sun. BB.

Just hope that the DWP or their henchmen aren't reading this thread!

Benefits gotten by deception can easily be rescinded.

Beware what you write on the Internet and remember the old saying.

wink Loose lips sink ships!! wink

In retro my 1st post is a bit ott but i was so mad with the evasion of the governments responsibility towards sick people

Not deception she saw me as condition effects me no law says we have to take drugs.

Its bad advice to openly admit fraud on the Internet and suggest to others that they do the same. No wonder the assessors think most of us are cheating in some form or other. eye roll

The recent programmes on tv with Billy Connolly and Paul Mayhew-Archer, they both handle their Parkinsons very well. The thing is does anyone think that when PIP and ESA assessors  see them that they think, well Parkinson is not all that bad.?

Justsayin....... Billy

Should we just be issued with a coffin at diagnosis and wait for our demise, cos thats what it feels like personal aspirations ambitions hopes dreams are totally flushed away and if you make something from it your label'd a cheat, i'd love anyone to spend 5 mins going through what ive gone through and say it.

just sayin.

Totally agree Sea Angler that why they need to see us unmedicated because that is how it would be if we could not take all that we have to take.

BB

Taking medications is an individual choice. If treatment for PD is continuing it may be having the effect of masking a disability but it is not a cure. Disability is still there !!! It is the same as having for example - prosthetic legs.
Agreed totally out meds are nearly a control mechanism nothing is able to halt progression or cure us and until they can cure PD they do not know enough about it BB.