Benzhexol

Hi all

Has anyone had any experiences with Benzhexol they could share?
My Neuro wants me to give them a go for my tremor by way of an experiment (and we tell the kids not to experiment with drugs!!). I'm already on Ropinirole (just about to go XL!!) and a drop of Mirtazipine at night.

Thanks

Murf
hi murf

i have just been put on procyclidine which is the same family of meds, and i must say it works wonders for me, i still have a slight tremor at night mainly.
i take one in the morning, i couldn't cope with ropinerole at all. give it a go you never know.

good luck
goldi..
I was given Benzhexol as a first drug and it was a disaster. I was very ill and experienced severe muscle spasms. I had to seek medical help while abroad and after the Swiss Doctor spoke to my Doctor I had to stop taking it. I know everyone is different but that was my experience
Yes I WAS ALSO GIVEN BENZHEXOL AS MY FIRST DRUG FOR MY TREMOR ON MY LEFT HAND SIDE BUT THAT WAS THE YEAR 2000 SO NOW THEY HAVE DECIDED TO TEST IT VERY STRANGE!!! MY SIDE EFFECTS ON THIS WERE BAD SIGHT, VERY STRANGE FEELINGS WHEN I MOVED ANYWHERE, AND MY SPEECH GOT VERY BAD COULD NOT COMPLETE A SENTANCE. BUT WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND THE DRUG FOR ME IS PROBABLY NOT THE DRUG FOR YOU. IN SAYING THAT I CAME OFF BENZHEXOLAS SOON AS I COULD BECAUSE THE TREMOR DID NOT SEEM TO IMPROVE.
Thanks for the responses - I'll let you know how I get on!!!

Take care

Murf
Any recent update on your progress Murf?

I'm newly diagnosed a year ago aged 44 and just on Azilect & Ramipril with a light tremor in right hand. However it is occassionally embarassing/concious when stressed at work. Benzhexol has been subscribed but not yet taken.

I am concerned about any long term side effects, and the mixed reaction this particular drug appears to have received from different individuals.

RSVP