Berlin on a Bike

DAY 7

Well today hopefully will be easier than yesterday! The boys really hit the wall yesterday legs feeling the strain of riding through this very hilly region. They were slightly cheered by the football! Today is a shorter ride of 54miles and we know they are definitely going to finish ahead of schedule, completing in 9 days rather than the original 10 :sunglasses:

The girls and a group of friends also fly out today to arrange the welcome and finishing point at the Brandenburgh Gate where we expect them to arrive at 3pm tomorrow!

Go lads your nearly there!!!:grin:
go go go lads,two days to go,it will be all worth it in the end.just thinkof that nice cold pint at the fininshin line:wink:
BRANDENBURGH GATE BERLIN 3-00PM 17TH JUNE 2012[u][/u]

THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!
4 Tired guys arrived bruised and sore a day ahead of schedule at the Brandanburgh Gate, with the resounding cry of are we nearly there yet:grin:

Sore; arms/ legs and backsides but they made it we are so proud of them as was the small group of well wishers who met them in Berlin:sunglasses:

We would like to thank all those who donated .... and if you haven't yet it's not too late see the link on this thread!:sunglasses:

We would also like to thank those who have offered there support or help,
Special mention for Alij and Graham Norton for tweeting :grin:

The effort will go on with a Party for Parkinsons which will celebrate their return!! Keep you posted:laughing:
well done lads,proud of you both,nice hot bath now,party party party your feet off,then i bet you both sittin down with dad and workin out the next jorney x:wink:
Well here is the latest! :sunglasses:

All arrived home today and results/highlights as follows:-

1 Miscalculated mileage total mileage 900 miles!:wink:

2. All very sore in trouser area! (applying cream):flushed:

3. 1 homicidal maniac in Belgium who tried to kill to of the boys!:cry:

4. £2,860 raised so far and MORE ON THE WAY!:grin:

5. Party to be held to welcome home in garden weather permitting :laughing:

IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT GO TO JUST GIVING BERLIN BY BICYCLE
exerlant lads,proud of you:smile:
The boys are now at £2,900 pounds and rising so doing well - they still have sore butts tho lol:grin:
:smile::smile:
Congratulations and well done to the guys and I'll be honoured to top up the fund with a couple of quid.

Hope they enjoyed it all.

I remember my first visit to Berlin, not by bicycle I hasten to add,
but by aeroplane - one of my very first ( and nearly my last ) flights in a passenger plane, a Viscount , back in 64 when something hit no 3 prop as we were on final approach to Berlin.

Having been shadowed what seemed to be most of the way along the then air corridor from Cologne by a couple of MIG’s, which had already upset my stomach a bit' and being a naive 18 year old, I thought the Ruskies had shot us down.

The ‘strike’ appeared to seize the engine, and all hell let loose, oil, smoke and flame everywhere, and just a few feathers but not much blood and guts thank God.

I was shaking like a leaf, however, the Captain just calmly switched on the extinguishers and ‘feathered’ the engine, First Officer reassured everyone that all was O.K. and that was it, a few calming words to me about the advantage of 4 engines 'or something', from my companion, and we landed safely and smoothly with no fuss at Tempelhof.

Needless to say, we formed quite a queue at the loo’s in the terminal building, and I was at the front.