Hi , just wondered if anyone has had a professional road bike fitting with a fitter who has experience of helping cyclists with PD?
I can source numerous bike fitters but can’t find one who has experience dealing with PD.
Thanks in advance.
Simon
Hi , just wondered if anyone has had a professional road bike fitting with a fitter who has experience of helping cyclists with PD?
I can source numerous bike fitters but can’t find one who has experience dealing with PD.
Thanks in advance.
Simon
Hi sgf,
Welcome to the forum thank you so much for joining our forum.
We’re sure our lovely members will be able to share their experiences soon. In the meantime you may find some local groups here that have a focus on cycling that may be able to offer some advice. https://localsupport.parkinsons.org.uk/
All the best,
The Parkinson’s UK Moderation Team
i found a similar challenge myself. asking local physical therapists who work with Parkinson’s patients might lead to a good fitter
I would advise asking this on Yet Anothe Cycling Forum.
They are a friendly bunch, and there was a thread ther recently on adaptations for people with lower limb problems.
I have a gravel bike with full size wheels. My problem is mounting the bike - the stage of swinging my leg over the rear wheel makes me feel VERY wobbly.
Im thinking the future might see a step through bike.
Or indeed a tricycle - I can see myself in some natty tweeds.
a local support group is a great starting point. i also made sure my bike is covered properly with sundaysinsurance.co.uk for peace of mind during rides. their policy includes accidental damage and theft cover, which id helpful when adjusting fit and testing new setups