Bladder pain

I’m currently in a really dark place because of long standing bladder issues, which culminated in an attack of bladder pain so bad that my husband had to drive us back from his parents in Wales to our local hospital. This was a really big deal as we hadn’t seen them since September.
After a night in hospital I was sent home because there’s nothing wrong! The very next day I had another attack of extreme pain and was all for going back to A&E. Both times I became completely irrational and out of control. The only relief I got until it passed this second time of was sitting in a bath of hot water. Both times I’d woken from a nap into an off period.
It’s always easy to blame everything on Parkinson’s but from reading other forum posts it seems that this may be connected.
The consultant who has been treating me for around a year now has tried everything to find the cause of the pain. I’m currently using diclofenac suppositories to try and control the pain.

Hi Ness52,
We’re sorry to hear you’re going through this. We just wanted to welcome you to the forum, as we noticed this was your first post, and we wanted to make sure you were aware of the resources on our website, as well as our free and confidential helpline, at 0808 800 0303. We found some info on bladder and bowel pain here, which would be a good jumping off point for the many helpful links there. And please make use of the brilliant advisers available at the helpline, who can assist with everything from medical questions to emotional support to helping you find local resources to help. Of course we urge you to report all medical changes to your GP and Parkinson’s nurses, as well.
Best of luck, and best wishes,
Jason
Moderation Team