Blue badge

Hi,has anyone in Scotland applied for a blue badge recently and if so how long have you been diagnosed.Did you get it at first attempt or not,thanks .

Anned

Hi Anned,

I hope all is well.

I'm sure you'll receive some advice from your fellow forum members soon, however, I just wanted to let you know that we have a lot of information on the Parkinson's UK website about the help and support that is available to you.

We have an entire section on 'Driving' that you may want to explore for information regarding the blue badge. You can find this information here.

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,
Reah

Hello ANNE29, Applied for a blue badge last November. It took about a month to appear and is valid for 3 years. Been diagnosed for 6 years come May. Applied in Glasgow and it was my first attempt. Hope you will succeed with your application. Cheers, Rarobbers.

Hi rarobbers,

Thank you for replying.Did you have to go and be assessed for it,I have been diagnosed for 6 years in May as well,applied about 18 months ago and didn’t get it.Also had to go to assessment centre then,certainly hope I will get it this time,am on more medication now so fingers crossed.
Cheers Anne

Hello again ANNE29, No, I didn’t have to take an assessment so might have been lucky first time or the system is recognising that Parkinsons is for what it is - a long term condition. I filled in the paper application and handed it into the council offices in town. Fingers crossed that you are successful this time, though with all this snow that is lying and still falling the badge isn’t doing much good with the car hiding in the garage!! Cheers, Rarobbers

Hi again,
Thanks for that I go on feb5th will let you know how I get on ,
Cheers Anne.

Hello ANNE29, Good luck with your assessment on the 5th. Will be interesting to hear how it goes on the day. Are you willing to say which town it will take place? Best of luck, Rarobbers

I got my blue badge first time the people down the library filled the paper work out on the computer in Kent they have to do it for you to stop fraud that’s what I was told I think it’s a very good idea as I got my badge with in a month

Thanks

Hi Thanks for your reply only one.its different from England but it would appear to be different in various parts of Scotland as well thanks again

Hi rarobbers ,
Yes delighted got my blue badge it was Forfar I had to go to for the assessment,mind you if I hadn’t got it I would definitely have appealed.
Cheers Anne hope your doing ok and posting

Hello ANNE29, I’m so glad to hear that you were successful with your Blue badge assessment. Only hassle now is finding empty blue badge parking slots! Enjoy, Rarobbers