Blue badge

Just found out I am eligible for a Blue badge. Starts today for the next three years. Issued by Cornwall Council.

Useful. Have you got it yet, or still have to apply?

Hi liverpool Well done Blue badge freedom in Cornwall ,Is Phillps pasty shop still on the harbour wall in Hayle ? , It makes my mouth water just the thought Fat fingerd pete

Hi Jane _L, got text from Cornwall Council asking me to phone to pay for it. ÂŁ10.00 for three years, IMO not bad for the price.

Hi fact-finger-pete, as far as I know I it is. However, I do know of a pasty shop in St Kew Highway that sells gorgeous pasties and pastries. The owner is a Liverpool supporter. It’s set behind the petrol station. Must try them again after lock down. Mmmm

1 Like

hi Liverpool Thanks for the tip Iwill definately try the pastys at St kew highway the Cornish take there pasty purchases or makeing very seriously,each family have there own recipy which is handed down mother to daughter, wish you well, Fat-finger-Pete

It’s just like scouse, we all have our own recipe. Not being funny but don’t ask me what mine is, coz if I tell you I will only have to kill you. Ha ha

I applied for mine and got refused because I can walk 100 yards even though I can’t get in and out of my car without the door being fully open. I find parking a nightmare if I cant find a space on the end of the row. Apparently access isn’t a consideration.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that trefor. I’m not all that clued up on the subject, apparently its at the discretion of the local council. Apparently they are not all singing for the same hymn sheet.

I think you can appeal? Perhaps approach a councillor for support. If you have a local Age UK they will help you
Good luck :grin:

Don’t know what part of the country you are from. Someone from our Cornwall site suggested I contact my local advisor. Luckily I didn’t have to, but you might want to give it a try. Don’t get nothing if you don’t ask. Good luck.

I had the same result with Norfolk County Council
Apparently because I can walk a certain distance I do not qualify.
It’s not a problem when my wife is driving as she lets me out of the passenger side before parking. But when I am driving I need to fully open the door to get in and out. I wonder if NCC would pay for the damage if I hit the car door?
My neurologist has written to my GP supporting an appeal but with lockdown I haven’t bothered traveling anywhere. [quote=“trefor, post:8, topic:24152, full:true”]
I applied for mine and got refused because I can walk 100 yards even though I can’t get in and out of my car without the door being fully open. I find parking a nightmare if I cant find a space on the end of the row. Apparently access isn’t a consideration.
[/quote]

Yep Philps pasty shop is still in Hayle. We go there a few times each year, Philps is the best pasty in Cornwall, you can buy them mail order from Philps website.

1 Like