Botox for excessive drooling

Hi,

I’m working on a response to a government body about botox that’s used to help treat excessive drooling and I wonder if anyone has any experience of it?

The treatment I’m being asked to comment on is Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin type A.

It would be great to get your views on:
What your experience has been?
Who prescribed it for you?
What did you think the advantages and disadvantages of the treatment were?
Were you able to access the treatment fairly easily or did you have to jump through lots of hoops?
How long did it take you to get access to the treatment?
What would have made the process easier?

It would be great if you could share any views by next Monday 20 May please.

Thanks so much

Laura
Policy and campaigns team

I tried both botox injections surgeries to deal with excessive drooling, and I can say the best option for you is to go the more expensive way and go for plastic surgery.

In the first place, you don’t need to make injections repeatedly. My work duties made it very uncomfortable to visit my dermatologist every 4 months. I think it is better to go the more expensive way because botox can cause allergic reactions, and you may lose even more money and health for the treatment. At least you can take your time and consult with a professional service like https://www.cincyfacialplastics.com/facial-plastic-surgery/mini-facelift about the most comfortable way to treat your excessive drooling.

It’s the first time I ever hear about something like this. Sounds pretty interesting. Has anyone tried it before?