Botox injection

Hello everyone
Would botox injection help resting tremor
As i have read this option on the Internet
Because of covid other options are on hold for the future at the moment

Hi there,
My mum has had two lots of botox as her facial tremors were quite pronounced and bothered her a lot. I think they’ve made quite a difference, especially the second lot. She had hers via NhS following a referral. Definitely worth a try I’d say.
Good luck

Hi,

How does botox help?

Hi mary2 i dont know how botox works for tremor this is what ime trying to find out but i have read it somewhere its good for parkinsons disease

1 Like

Hi calv1960. I have had Botox in my right foot every four months for the last year and a half to stop painful toe curling. In fact the last time I was at the foot Dr (as I call her) she didn’t give me an injection to see how it would go and that was two months ago and so far all good. I’ve read that Botox is also used for tremors in PD. You should ask your Parkinsons nurse as it was my Parkinsons nurse that got me the appointment for the Botox injections…believe me getting an injection into the sole of your foot was painful but the benefits far out weigh a few seconds of pain getting the procedure done. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Hi janny thank you for your reply how are your toes now after botox i hope to know more after 20th of this month

Calv1960
My toes are fine at the moment fingers crossed. Last time I saw my Doctor who administered the Botox injections she decided not to give me it to see how things go that was just over two months now and so far all is good. I only ever got the injections into my right foot. Good luck and please let us know what you hear after the 20th of this month.

Kind Regards

Hi everyone after a long telephone conversation with my parkinsons nurse botox is not compatible for parkinsons hand tremor can make the hand weak also i am coming off medication due to not doing anything for me so as we discussed why take something if there’s no benefit this will be reduced gradually like ive always said i only have resting tremor no other symptoms so we shall see in months to come

H, can you please explain your symptoms - i having terrible problems with my toes.

Hi Dookie
In my right foot my toes started to curl under when I walked, it started about two/three years after I got Parkinsons which was eleven and a half years ago. At first it wasn’t too bad and I could straighten my toes back to normal relatively quickly but as time went on it became very sore and at one stage my big toe got infected badly due to my toes curling under when I had shoes on and the skin burst and became tender and that led to the infection.
My Parkinsons nurse got me an appointment with a Doctor who gave me Botox injections in to the sole of my foot and it worked pretty quickly. I have been getting injections every four months for a while now and it has helped me immensely. On my last visit around five months ago the Doctor decided not to give me an injection to see how I went and so far so good. However my left foot has now started to turn in (dystonia) and my toes are curling under and this is much more painful as I also get cramp in my left leg when this happens, the Doctor who deals with my feet has told me that she will be able to do something for me.
The injection into the sole of your feet is very uncomfortable but it is worth it as the end result is very good. I would advise you to ask your Parkinson nurse about this to see if this is available to you but obviously what works for me might not work for you but nothing ventured…
If you could let me know what your symptoms are and the outcome of it all I would be grateful. I hope this is of some help to you. Take care

Kind Regards

Janny

1 Like

Thank you so much. Im still working out what my symptoms are. I have an appointment next week.

Hi,
One more question - did you you have trouble with your toes moving in your shoe. Ive got all kinds of problems with this throughout the day - causing all kinds of gait issues.:rainbow:
Ps Im from Australia & we dont have access to PD nurses like the UK appears to have.

Hi Dookie
My problem with my toes is that they curl under making a claw shape this happened in my right foot whether I had shoes on or not, my toes sometimes make circular movements however this happens more at night time when I’m sitting, my left foot is worse than the right and my foot turns inwards and my toes curl under and my leg also gets cramp it’s very uncomfortable and I can’t walk any distance when this happens.
I hope everything goes well with your appointment next week and if you could let me know how it goes that would be great. Take care

Kind Regards

Janny

1 Like

Sounds very familiar🌈

It definitely works because I know how much it helped my mother with her facial tremor. It may sound strange to those who have never heard about such an option, but I assume it does work. Hopefully, we have found a good doctor, which is also very important in such a situation. Hope I won’t have such a problem with aging because I’ve heard that it may be inherited. I already did a lifting surgery at the https://gartnerplasticsurgery.com/mommy-makeover/ clinic, so I hope my body won’t let me down. So you can be sure about this and make those botox injections to never suffer from the tremor again.

Thanks for the information.