Brain workout

G'day, cobbers! How youse all goin'?

Looks like a pearler of a day 'ere, no worries she'll be right, fair dinkum.

(lengua nativa, someone wrote aussi up there, that set me off, gotta watchit...)

34 c

small fire on the horizon

the mossies are dead

5mm of rain in 3 months

******** marvelous

Strewth, turnip! Sounds like it’s been as dry as a *****’s ****** over there. Bit nippy over here. Cold as.

A Dollymaz:

Disculpo, no quise interrompir su conversación con J! Puedo leer francés, pero español sale de los dedos.

had 7mm of rain this month and this is the wet season.

good excuse for a cold beer (belgian since you ask!)

I only just found this most interesting thread. 

I read that the best way to learn a language was to 'guess' at new words, as opposed to rushing off to google translate, based on its context, subject, etc. you'll be right more often than wrong. 

Merci!  La cervelle n'est pas encore morte.  Quelle chance!

In this example, 

merci ( thank you ), la cerveilr ( the cervix ) n'est pas (i know this from poirot) i(is it not) encore (more) morte (oh no, someone's died, that means dead, sh!t, wonder who?). Ah! Someone called Quelle Chance. 

Nexr step rearrange it into English, cos the French tend to mix things up. 

So we have

thank you [ for your condolences ] , [my friend] Quelle Chance  couldn't be more dead, a bit of a f@nny ( def: as in an American bottom) though was he not?

as a meerkat once remarked: "simples".

earth? I don't get it.

I'll try google translate anyway, see how it compares

ha! Not even close,,you see that's computers for you right there. No concept of subject, context, the nuances and juxtaposed prose, poitt, mood, pathos, gravitas, etc., etc,, etc.

dont laugh but this is googles effort. [stifled chortle up sleeve ]

Thank you! The brain is not dead yet. What luck!

more like What The Luck!

guffaw , guffaw. 

I just noticed, Brian? Who's Brian?  Where did it get Brian from?

chortle, wheeze, guffaw, guffaw .... No stobiitt ... My sides are splitting. ... No, no

"it all sh!t and giggles, til someone giggles and sh!ts"

never a truer word!

scuse me.

c'est une forum formidable y muy internacional .

Andre

Si Andre,

Qué pasa con Eck? Está loco? Quién es Brian?

Buenas Nochas toda esperanza que usted guardando bien y viejo parky no se mucho de un dolor.....seguir sonriendo

Dolly

We'll try my theory on this, a brand new language to me, Mexican. 

So "buenos nachos toda esperanza" .= good nachos and sparkling wine today

Sometimes spell checker can help, English is a mush of everybody else's language. E.g. Coca cola.

what use guards to sumfin to parkies not much of a color .... Sumfin, sumfin.  

Well. Clearly Dolly is enjoying some "vino de plonk" and crisps. Night night.  Or "anderé anderé, ariba ariba" as they say in Meheeco. 

Hola, Eck!

Que buen teoria tiene acerca de las lenguas!

Espero que le sirve bien.

Eck, ept, etc, eek....

Para los franglofones:

A young newlywed man told his father he would send a postcard home telling his father how the romantic honeymoon was progressing. The son wrote a cryptic postcard in french which was merely

7 13+3

and the father sent an equally cryptic postcard in reply

6 7+3 7 9.

Yes Andrew,

who passed prisoner eck?

ill have you know, I've never been caught

is it a train?

i don't know

who is Brian?

Who indeed!

Hello, 

today's wine is used for gargling. This parkies isn't up to much ..... It's rubbish ( or words to that effect)

dolly

Hello eck (that's an easy start)!

whose good terracotta fork abracadabra languages (ah right! I'm magic at languages, well thanks Sheila, I mean Sheryll)

a good coffee is being served.  (Thanks again, but it might be cold by the time I get there, beeter to send me £1.50 and I'll go to my local Barista - I know, daylight robbery)

eck (yes Sheryll) , how do i spell it? (Sheryll, you were right the first time )

Parachutist loses parachute ( oh dear )

Oh I'm good at these! 

1st postcard

send three and four'mpnce were going to advance

2nd postcard 

who is this?

I'm still stuck on the Eiffel Tower / earth. Brian scramble. So why isn't it Venus, Mars or Jupiter?  Even Uranus would have made more sense, just cos it's funny. 

big grinDonner unt Blitzen,vorsprung dorch tecknic, ven tractor kipt fsthalten em lenkrod niched abspringen  achtung Spitfeur unt Mustang  Raus Raus  Rau us,ALARM,ALARM, das ist Underzee Boot, loss

Montag, ya Dienstag ya Mitwoc ya Donnerstag ya Fritag ya Samstag yah  SONNTAG   YA YA  sorry but thats all I know, bitte, danka schone,ya bitte

Aufedersen   Kamerads

Herr   FED                                             

Translation of the above. 
Hang on, bare with, oh sugar no! Put them back on...I mean bear with
two of santas reindeer ..  We're sprung ... We're busted out of jail
When his tractor farted and .... Oh dear sounds like his big end has gone.now they're in a spitfire with a horse
Ooh sounds like it's on fire, he equtinguisher is under the boot, laugh out sumfin sumfin. 

all my days, he exclaims. Thank you. I'll have a scone please. 

Cheery bye everybody
mr fed