Brief "remission"

A couple of Sundays ago, I got up feeling what's become normal for me over the last year or so - with a stiff neck and joints, fatigue, unsteadiness, etc. My routine on Sundays is to have breakfast and then tackle the housework, so there I was, having breakfast and watching something (unmemorable) on TV, when I suddenly felt a surge of energy and stood up, raring to go!

I did all the housework (about two hours' worth) in one go, instead of having a couple of breaks, and I was still full of energy at the end so I did a few more things that I'd been putting off.

When I finally put my feet up, I was so comfortable I realised just how long it had been since I'd felt properly relaxed.

All of my symptoms were still there, but it was as if someone had turned the volume down from 10 to five.

Blissfully, I stayed like this till the following Wednesday afternoon, when I felt the fatigue and internal tremor slowly come back.

Obviously I've gone over everything I did/ate/took that weekend (I wasn't on meds at the time) but, apart from my usual six-weekly acupuncture treatment on the Friday, I can think of nothing different.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hallo. From my experience ( not long since definitive diagnosis) I have had good and bad days and can`t always account for why they`re different, or better or worse. My motto is just keep going! It`s such a puzzle this condition.

Good luck,

Frances

Hi Tabbycat,

I have referred to your question in the "Treatment and therapies" section, under "has anyone worn a PD monitor". 

The rare brief remissions I get only last a couple of hours at the most. But when I get them it's just wonderful, as for that period I'm virtually free of any PD symptoms. If only one could establish why they occur it could very helpful. I've got a feeling it's to do with mood psychology, combined with maybe what's left of natural dopamine cells kicking in briefly. Or maybe it's a combination of several physiological and psychological factors.

Jules77