Can i drive home

Hi advice needed
Ive been staying at my daughters for past 6 weeks … in vulnerable group due to pd and asthma but not in high risk group . Went to my daughters as was unwell before the lockdown and she was worried about me . Im now ok desperate to go home … need my own space , ;6 weeks with grandchilren is lovely but im shattered . Have friends who can do shopping for me … is it ok for me to drive home next week ? Have enough petrol so dont need to stop on way . Itll be 3 hour journey .
Its a drive im v used to but i know its not essential but for my mental health i need my own home
Jan

In your shoes I would make the drive. I think it counts as an essential journey. You could always try checking with your local police first, but I think you’d be OK.

Hi @jan4,

I understand your need for wanting your own space, however, I would consult with your GP or Parkinson’s nurse before you make a decision. If you’d like to speak to someone about this, please give our helpline a call and speak to one of our advisers for more support on this.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks for replies . Have spoken to them … Parkinsons nurse thought in my circumstances home would be good just didnt know wether allowed or not in regard to lockdown
I have sent a message for advice to police help page , awaiting answer

1 Like

Good luck Jan and hope that you’re able to return home, at least you’re taking the sensible approach by asking the police for advice.

Les

I would have driven home for my sanity and as an act of self preservation…days ago. Fill a thermos with coffee, and stop once or twice, and time it perfectly to when your drugs are most effective. Then phone once home, and…relax…I suspect you’ll sleep much better in your own bed

Thanks everyone im home … not overcome the insomnia yet as you can see by time ive written this ! But feeling much calmer .

1 Like

@jan4, I’m pleased that you’ve made it back to your sanctuary, just in time for an extended Lockdown of three weeks !! lol Take good care of yourself and most important of all, stay safe.

Les

Well done. Enjoy your solitude!