Care Homes for Parkinson's Sufferers - Northants

Hi
My 86 year old Dad is currently in a Rehabilitation Treatment Centre after being in hospital for 2 weeks with a chest infection due to aspiration (we think).
It’s now become evident that he needs 24 x 7 care and my Mum can no longer cope with him alone at home - even with carers. We have the battle ahead of us with Social Services who will no doubt want to send him home with a care package of 4 x daily carers.

Does anyone have any advice on how to battle Social Services? And also if anyone has any recommendations for care homes in Northamptonshire (Kettering or Wellingborough esp), please let me know!

My Dad has Parkinson’s, Vascular Dementia, Prostate Cancer, Breathlessness, Atrial Fibrillation and a hernia!

Thanks in advance

Hi Sarah,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re all going through quite a stressful time at the moment, it sounds like you’ve been through a lot, and I hope your Dad is feeling better.

While I’m sure that the users here will have some great suggestions for you, I just also wanted to pop in to let you know that our helpline is available to you, they will be able to have a chat with you about options you might be able to take to best help your Mum and Dad. They have a reduced service over Easter, but will be available from Tuesday on 0808 800 0303, or you can email [email protected].

Take care,
Min
Moderation team.