Care Homes Leeds Area?

Good morning

I’m trying to find a nursing home in the Leeds area for my 72yr old mother and just wondered if anyone here had any experience of family members in one? She’s not really mobile anymore and is confused a lot of the time. I did contact Parkinson’s UK via email but they just suggested I do a search on carehome.co.uk

Thank you in advance
Tasha

Hi @Tasha ,

I know this must not be an easy decision for you, and I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had much help yet in finding resources or options for your mother. I’m sure some of our community members will be along shortly to provide their own experiences and insights with finding a care home for a loved one with Parkinson’s.

Have you had any contact with your local social services? They may be able to help and advise on something in the Leeds area. You can also get in touch with your local Parkinson’s adviser who may be able to make some suggestions as well as talk you through some next steps.

If you’d like to read about home care and care options we do have a page on our website at https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/home-care-and-care-homes , but in this case you might find it more useful to speak to someone directly. You can do this by calling our helpline on 0808 800 0303 - it’s for everyone affected by Parkinson’s and our advisers support family and friends alike.

No matter what you decide, you are not alone in this.

Best wishes,
Joy
Forum Moderation Team

Thanks for the reply. I am working alongside her social worker but her knowledge of care homes in the Leeds area isn’t great either. I was just hoping that someone might have some personal experience as I don’t want her to go somewhere where they will just plonk her on a chair in front of a television all day! :slight_smile: