Care Homes

Hi Budgies,

Have you tried absorbent pads  for the bed.  Google "Kylie bed pads"   (web address is  extremely long) and you'll  find the m,anufacturer of the Kylie absorbent, one way washable pads which go across the middle of the bed which sound like they might help with the overflow and keep[ your husband more comfortable...

Thanks Keld, Eileen and GG for your posts. 

I have spoken to the incontinence department, and had lots of contact with our PD nurse.    The pads work fine in that they are never overflowing, it's just the leaking from the side that has become a problem lately.  I take your point Keld about my husband possibly losing weight.    Last night by some miracle the pad didn't leak, so I must have done something differently when fitting it, but haven't a clue what.

Hattie:   can I just ask you which stretch pants your husband wore to prevent leakage?

Thanks again everyone.

There are many options for incontinence today.I visit friends PWP who some have both urinary and fecal problems.They have pump implants now that will help control both.A friend also has had good luck with condom catheters.

It is a topic people don"t like to talk about.I have problems now myself with urgency issues.So far few accidents.One thing to avoid is caffeine even if it helps PD.

There are organisations now that deal with this hot topic which can really affect our quality of life

heres a great link

http://www.nafc.org/abl