Cbd thc recent pd

my father has just been diagnosed with quite late stage pd. he is 65 and has been a cannabis user most of his life. he in the past year has given up smoking cannabis. he has had slight symptoms, weight loss,slowing of movement and zoning out for the past few years. I had not seen my father for around 2 years until roughly 2 months ago. when I saw him recently I noticed that he had lost weight was extremely frail and had a slight shake in his hands. Then in the past 2 weeks he has deteriorated to the point he cannot walk without falling or function daily, even to the point this week my mother had to call an ambulance as he couldn’t talk or walk. I believe my parents have suspected something has been wrong for some time but have not admitted it to themselves. he is currently in hospital under going lots of tests but it is now being accepted to be pd. please can someone advise whether giving up the cannabis may of brought symptoms on or whether the symptoms were masked by the cannabis? and I would like some advice on CBd or thc oil and if it will help him. thanks for any help

Hi gracefamily, welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of your father’s diagnosis. We have lots of information and advice for the newly diagnosed on our website, here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/newly-diagnosed-parkinsons

Your father might also like to try contacting our Helpline, who are able to offer tips and suggestions on many aspects of life with Parkinson’s. You can reach them via email at [email protected], or call free on 0808 800 0303. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 10am-2pm.

Our website also has information on Cannabis and Parkinson’s, which you may find interesting: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/cannabis-and-parkinsons

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team

Sorry heard that. I think CBD can help your father. CBD may also reduce depression and anxiety, and relieve pain. A study at the Colorado School of Medicine has demonstrated relief of issues including tremors and difficulty sleeping.

I prefer smoke sometimes too.