Cere-120: i told you so!

https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/news-detail.php?news-in-context-second-phase-trial-of-cere-120-yields-disappointing-results

So dissapointing results. Am I surprised ? NOT AT ALL !!! This is exactly why I was complaining a few weeks ago. For example, MANF is testing their product on mice that get PD after poisoning. But these test samples are useless. They should test this on mice with misfolded alpha-synuclein. As I already pointed out, there was a study that said neurotrophic factors DO NOT WORK in an environment with misfolded alpha-synuclein !!!

I restate my complaint. Scientific community should also start testing on mice with misfolded alpha-synuclein !!! Valuable money is being thrown in the gutter in this way. It is a real shame that I still see papers about neuroprotective agents in which no alpha-synuclein models are used.
I have a new concern about the way neurotrophic factors are dealt with. Cogane en Cere-120 have been shown to not help PD. Therefore, both meds are not considered anymore for PD. And this is my concern. They should not be thrown away yet. Why ? Remember the article published a few months ago about neurotrophic factors. It claimed that in a alpha-synuclein toxic environment, neurotrophic factors don't work. OK, great. BUT ... what happens if neurotrophic factors are combined with a med that unfold or remove the misfolded alpha-synuclein ? Even if it only partially removes alpa-synuclein ... what happens then ? Until now animal test have shown that neurotrophic factors are capable of curing and regenerating neurons. But it is the toxic alpha-synuclein that provides this in PD. But if you remove the toxicity, neurotrophic factors should work.
I contacted the MJFox Foundation to ask them if they are considering this. When I get a reply I will pass it here.
This is the reply I got from the MJFox Foundation:

Thank you for your inquiry.

While both the Ceregene and Cogane trials failed, this does not necessarily mean that the therapeutic programs will stop. This is largely a decision that the companies must make depending on a number of factors. What we do know is that trophic factor research will continue and MJFF remains supportive of these efforts. We are already supporting work to understand why trophic factors have not worked in alpha-synuclein models and to perhaps develop combination therapies to overcome the problems that may have been responsible for the failure of trophic factors in the clinic.
https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/news-detail.php?upcoming-hot-topics-webinar-the-future-of-trophic-factors