Change of meds

Can anybody comment on Rotigotine patches please. I have been on sinamet Plus for 5 years, increasing over the period. My symptoms are increasing so I have just been prescribed the patches in addition to Sinamet. My concern is the package leaflet there are loads of possible side effects.

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris,
I am on Rotigotine patches having been up to 16mg/day (using 2 patches) complementing the co-careledopa 25/100 I take 5 times a day.

I suffer the side effects of swollen legs and feet which is a annoying as the patches have been effective particularily at the start. I am now reducing the Rotigotine.

Hi @Chris,

It’s great to see that @Steppy has already chimed in with his advice. We have more information on Rotigotine patches on our website - the info looks into what rotigotine (Neupro) is and how it works. It also looks at the advantages and disadvantages of using this medication. You can find this section here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/rotigotine-skin-patch-neupro-parkinsons.

If you need addition support on this, you are more than welcome to contact our helpline team and speak to one of our advisers about this in more detail. Give us a call on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah