Check my profile

thank you Gus. I notice from your picture what nice ears and a wet nose you have. My dog Summer is great company.

shes ebonydog 13yrs old on 25th december,your dog looks like shes king of the castle ! wink

parkypet - can I ask why they want to do a DaTscan seeing you have already had an MRI?

Hi sheryll

As far as I know what I have read on the forum that they give you a DatScan to measure the amount of dopamine in your brain, seemingly they only do them in certain areas because of the cost. I was never offered one all I've had is an MRI scan. The result must have been enough for the diagnosis or else they discovered my brain wasn't big enough to research any further!

Regards Sheila

i blame the security guard in sainsburys every time i set the alarms off he kept offering to frisk search me , he was rather dishy eye roll

J of Grey , definatly more like a sit com especially when they find nothing  and there stood there scratching there heads , silly me forgetting to tell them about the radio iodine big grin

Shelly, it sounded very humorous to me, but I hesitated to say so flatly, because I feared it might have been  otherwise to you.  I pictured the security personnel baffled by the invisibility of the cause.  My local pharmacy's alarm goes off almost every time I pick up a prescription and head for the door.  The clerks are so accustomed to false alarms that they just shout at the customer in question, "It's okay.  Just go on."  Shoplifters could probably get away with anything!

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for the explanation. My MRI said that my brain was "essentially normal", which surprised the holy hell out of a lot of people! : )

Sheila, Shelly, Sheryll, it's getting complicated in here....

Hi Sheryll

Shelia is spot on about the DaTscan. MRI will show any other problems going on.

Hi Gus,

Ebonydog is a nice mature lady and you are quite right, Summer owns me and the sofa's. Funny about Ebonydog as my 2 year old grandson calls Summer Summerdog. I still walk her for about 1hr a day but legs getting stiffer ..that's my legs, not hers!! She is 4yrs.

At least she still gets you out !. I walk ebs up shop and back and both are 6 legs have had it !cry