Checking the relevant Parkinson's UK charity for SMILE Amazon giving

I’ve seen that you can select a charity in “Smile” Amazon so that when you use Amazon to order things a small donation is made to the Charity of your choice.

There seems to be two likely charities currently showing from the list, and I’m trying to find out which one is supporting Parkinson’s UK

Can you please confirm the one I should select?

This one is an option:

• Parkinson’s Care And Support UK

and the “about” page shows

The relief of sickness and the preservation of health in particular but not exclusively by: a) providing exercise classes and home physiotherapy treatments for people living with parkinson’s disease b) providing support and respite for carers of people living with parkinson’s disease c) funding research into the study of better treatments for parkinson’s and other neurological conditions provided that all useful results are disseminated to the public.

Then there’s this description:

-Parkinson’s Disease Society Of The United Kingdom

and the description is:

to provide relief for people with the condition known as parkinson’s disease and allied conditions (referred to together in these articles as parkinson’s) and to provide assistance support and advice to people with parkinson’s and/or their families, dependants, friends and carers and other persons affected by parkinson’s; 2.2 to promote and support research into the causes, prevention, treatment and cure of parkinson’s and to disseminate the results of such research; 2.3 to advance the…
Regions Served: Throughout England And Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Isle Of Man, Jersey

Every little donation helps and I just want to make sure it’s the correct charity which I select.

Hi @quadnutter, :wave:

Welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for considering us for your generous donation. Parkinson’s Care & Support is different charity to us and you can find out a bit more about them via their website here: https://parkinsonscare.org.uk/

Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s Disease Society of the United Kingdom, therefore, you’d need to select this option if you’d like to make a donation to us. For more information on the different ways you can donate to the charity, please visit our website here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/donate

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Hi

I have a Sparks Card with M&S and customers can choose a charity to support when they make purchases using the card. Parkinson’s Uk does not appear to be included in the list. Very disappointing.

I tried contacting someone via website but there doesn’t see to be an appropriate department.