Choking

I have just experienced the most awful moment of my life. I was eating a sandwich of hot roast pork from my local bakery, which I usually go to after gym session on a Thursday, when I began to choke on a piece of meat. I have never experienced this before but I was on my own and tried to hit myself on the back. I really thought it was the end but finally managed to vomit the food out of my airway.  It has left me incredibly anxious and I do know that swallowing problems are part of Parkinson's. Was this just unlucky that I had not properly chewed the meat or is this a sign of things to come?

Hi don't worry it probably was that you did not chew it enough.

yes people with PD can have swallowing problems BUT never assume everything is connected to PD trust me you will drive yourself crackers I very nearly did, but then that means this B**** has won.

And nobody want's that to happen, we all need to fight so we can FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT TO PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( Can you tell I am a biker chick LOL )

Yes I can, a lady comes in to help with housework and she also is a biker chick.  Thanks for replying BB because it was such an horrendous experience.  I actually thought I was going to kick the bucket.  Never experienced anything like that before.  I will be the first to say that I am a greedy sod but think I will lay off the pork sandwiches for the time being.  Yes it is a b***** and it does need knocking on the head.

You take care now we have enough s*** to deal with with the B**** remember FIGHT FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL BB XX

Hi BB

I actually wanted to send you a message but didn't know how to. First of all thank you for replying to my posts and secondly to ask, if you don't mind, what were your initial symptoms before you were diagnosed.

Hi Rosewell,

You go to my messages on the Forum box on the left of this page that will link you straight in to message anyone you choose to.Thankyou was not necessary but thank you anyway I just want to help all of us are dealing with this in our own way and I have chosen to do what i can to help its because the more you help yourself the more you can help others.   

It is in me to fight this condition and I hope I can inspire others we all need to stand strong together we are one team fighting this B**** and that's just how I can stay strong.

My symptoms was a left sided tremor and then a few months later stiffness and hip pain. But I knew it was either PD or MS.

Best wishes BB