Cold & Cough Remedies V Sinamet, Rasagaline & Other PD Meds

Hi.This will be my first Winter on PD medication 3x per day. I had my flu-jab in October, with no adverse effects at all. So, that is all good.
As yet, I have yet to succumb to sniffles, colds, coughs etc …But it is inevitable, I will.
I would normally just take beechams capsules and / or Boots own brand cough linctus. Has anyone had any problems with these versus your PD meds - or have any “don’t do” advice ??
Of course, if you have had iffy effects, from any other lurgie meds, please do tell ?

Hi @Dee70, my advice is find a local pharmacist who will be able to assist you with advice on which over the counter remedies are safe with the meds you are on. I have over the years built up a good relationship with my local Boots pharmacy team and it is never too much trouble for them to come to the counter or meet with you in the private booth we have in store to give you some advice and guidance. Hope this helps you :sunglasses:

1 Like

No problems with flu jab and to date, no colds. BUT a few weeks ago went down with stomach bug - sick for 3 days - my Parkinson worsened and has never recovered. I take Sinemet 5 x day plus others. Had thought PD might improve - thing that has worsened the most is my Camptocormia (terrible back stoop). It is horrendous - seeing PD Nurse in January am hoping by then I might have improved and am taking Paracetamol to help with the pain caused by stomach cramping which again is always worse when my Camptocormia worsens. Nice start to the Christmas Season !!!

1 Like