Coming off madopar

After taking madopar since April I have decided to stop the medication since it is doing me no good. I am just wondering what is the best way to taper. Currently I am on three doses of 125mg every day. It is nearly impossible to get an appointment with my GP or neurologist so I am depending on this forum for advice, thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Hi @boomerang83, :wave:

I’m sure you’ll hear from other members with their advice based on their own personal experiences. :slightly_smiling_face:

However, I would encourage you to speak to your GP before you make any changes to your medication - I know you’ve been having trouble getting an appointment with yours which is likely due to the affects of the NHS still dealing with Covid-19. With that said, you can always give our helpline a call and they can arrange for a Parkinson’s nurse to give you a call back so that you can speak to a medical professional in detail about this.

Please give us a call on 0808 800 0303 when you can.

Best wishes,
Reah

1 Like

Have you tried increasing the dosage? e,g from 3 to 4 doses per day

Hi,
Visited the neurologist a few days ago and she increased my dosage to four times a day plus a slow release tablet before going to bed. she said that they needed to be taken at the exact same times every day. Here’'s hoping!