Thanks for allowing this post, my thoughts and best wishes go to everyone.
I am a 47yr old active male running own small business and have a very curious condition.
Over the last year and a half i have problems which i have listed below.
I did have Perth's disease when younger which has affected my hip joints and put my symptoms mainly down to this and age, but it seems this is not my problem after months of various symptoms
Below is a list of what i,m suffering most are sporadic which others may relate to.
1. left side weaker
2. Horrendous lower leg and feet cramps but not always, more prominent whilst lying in bed
3. very sore ankles and feet start early day then last all day
4. Intermittent creepy crawly and burning feeling in both legs, cant sleep and only happens when resting
5. Had sporadic burning tingling down left side.
6. Inner like vibrations left side stomach area muscles
7. Can't lift left shoulder higher than vertical, no pain just too difficult
8. Reduced left arm swing coupled with left limp
9. Harder and slower to get up now from rest or relaxing
10. Writing is very poor, i,m right handed, starts normal messy but letters crushed then gets smaller as hand tires. this is new and found this out when i had a written report to do.
11. Sporadic run away speech missing and forgetting words
12. Terrible nightmares
13. Odd time see shadow or flashes from eyes.
14. At times noise can make me cringe
15. Sore leg muscles which easily last all day this is affecting my work as its a regular inner throbbing annoying pain.
16. Had some left face and head shooting pains.
17. Lifting left leg whilst sitting is like pulling against a strong magnet.
18. Left toes hard to wiggle
19. Tired, tired, tired could sleep come 2pm
20. I have no get up and go its now gone
I have been for mri scan summer of last year for suspected Ms but brain scan was clear, Gp still says all symptoms are Ms related. Neurologist prescribed nightly Clonazepam as i have a more essential tremor shake, not a single hand tremor, the clonazepam has helped a little with Night terrors and shakes, however due to continued problems i,ve had to go back to gp this time with my with wife who explained a more accurate picture. The gp has arranged a desperate appointment with the neurologist. I regularly weight train 3. days a week hence reason i noticed left side getting weaker and walk most other days, so i lead quite an active life style.
I work with electronics from soldering to board repair which is now at the point that it is so difficult to work with the small parts especially my left hand that i have now stopped repairing circuits.
Neurologist has listed lots of unknown problems on report sent to my gp but there was absolutely no conclusion to what was causing the symptoms. My wife did some internet searching and came across dopamine deficiency which she mentioned to my gp, but he would not comment as he says he cant be sure, In fact the dopimine search then lead to the Parkinson site.
Climbing stairs is a task and a half sometimes very slow you tend to look upwards and say f??k here we go again.
Yesterday whilst climbing my stairs to go to bed i seemed to freeze on the third step, this lasted seconds but was pretty frightening.
Not one to guess but i will be updating on the site if its ok as i finally reach diagnosis of whatever is wrong with me.
Hopefully it may or may not help others with similar problems, with maybe some input from others.
At the moment still waiting on 2nd Neuro appointment.
Gp still says symptoms are typical of early Ms but won't speculate until seen by neuro again.