Confusion

My husband has been diagnosed for 5 years. He was doing well then last year had a fall. He spent 1 week in hospital and 2 in reabilitation. From there he has gone down hill, waiting formDAT scan report which was ready in February but because of Covid 19 we have not got it yet. His peech is not good and his cognitive abilities are getting worse, he suffers from UTIs last week he had another infection given meds which he took for a week then GP rang to say that he needed different antibiotics. He has forgotten my name, we have been married 46 years and on 2 occasions has asked when are we going home ?. We were told that once DAT scan results were back he would be started on medication i assume for dementia but months are passing by i feel he needs these meds now but have been told the results are only given face to face. Any ideas of what i can do?

Hi @Rockets, :wave:

Welcome back to the forum.

I’m really sorry to hear about your husband; unfortunately, people with Parkinson’s are more likely to have bladder problems than people without the condition. We have a lot of helpful information including useful contacts on our website which you can find here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/bladder-and-bowel-problems

Also, in light of COVID19, many medical services have been affected which, of course, isn’t ideal for your husband given that this has clearly impacted on his DAT results and having to watch how dementia has affected him, cannot be easy for you to witness. I would encourage you to contact our helpline team for more support on this, they can arrange for a Parkinson’s nurse to contact you and advise you on the best course of action. Please give us a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah