Congestion help needed by American friend

I have taken the liberty of copying this post by Puppy who posted elsewhere as it was suggested more might see it. I hope someone can help as it sounds awful.

hi I’m a Yank new to this site. the reason I joined was because I saw a line of notes on here from 2013 that dealt with an issue that I’m having one hell of a problem with. Every night, it doesn’t matter what I eat, I get terribly congested. Then I develop a postnasal drip so bad, it’s like someone turned the faucet on in the back of my throat. Then comes the coughing and the choking with the awful sticky gross mucus that never seems to end. This will go on till 1 or 2 AM and then just go away like it was never there. Till the next night , and it starts all over again! The article in 2013 had a number of Parkies who experienced the same thing. is there anyone out there who knows what I’m going through who can shed some light on this?

Interesting. I’ve suffered from this for years and years – longer than I’ve had Parkinson’s symptoms. I’ve met another PDP with the same complaint, and I was intrigued that her Parkinson’s symptoms were also similar to mine. However, it was only one person and I’m not aware that sinus problems and PD are associated.

I don’t have any answers, I regret to say. It seems likely it is some kind of allergy, but I can’t work out what it is an allergy to. It isn’t dust mites, or cats. I use a nasal spray, but nothing seems to clear it.

Like Jane I have had post nasal drip for years before PD.
This gathers in my lungs and at 7.00pm every day I clear my lungs of any mucus for about 20min
using a device. If I didn’t do this I would be coughing during the night.