Constipation

Oh another top tip.

Coffee irritates the lining of the gut.

A coffee enima is a good way to clean out ones tubes. I'm not being funny- google it if you dont beleive me.

Just remember to let the coffee cool first.
Saw an ad for senacot comfort (and joy).
Its a laxative and ploppy softner.

Sounds the biz.
It worked! I just about plopped myself when I got to the till.

Now I've had to take out extra House contents insurance in case anyone eats them.

I calculated it would cost me £50 a month just to pooh.

By the time you add moisturised wipes, loo roll, air freshener, cistern block, toilet duck, puzzle book, pencils, heavy duty plunger, Dynarod fees and water rates ... . Maybe its better that I just hold onto it.

The key to constipation is this :

The Pop-a-Point Pencil Method

when you feel all bunged up simply eat more, everything gets shifted along and Hey Presto, here's one I made earlier.

Obviously with this method you run the risk of impacted bowel, ruptured bowl, obesity, etc, etc.

Now that Gillian McKeith is out the jungle, I'll send her some of my shtools.
The cheapest way is "The Mathematician way"

Work it out with a pencil ! :wink:
Hello all

I don't know about cheapest but you can buy quick solution enema's from your chemist.
Did it for my o/h once. It worked like magic where all other methods had failed and from then on stuck like glue to a high fibre diet. O/h hates wholemeal bread but needs must.
Dried Apricots work wonders
I find that baking a loaf of Irish Soda wholemeal bread has a most efficacious effect! I have not been able to find this bread in the supermarket..so I found an easy recipe and its very quick to make and its all natural and very nutritious as well! Takes a few minutes to mix and 30/40 mins to bake. There are lots of recipes out there....
Mag
ive had a bad bladder infection last few days agin ,i got a supa pupic cathereter long term ,drives me nuts,but i got ibs to and im on 20ml laxiative ,seeakot 2 at nite,and fibre gell and last couple days my tum up like a football and so painful constipation ,im off to gp agin to see if they can help me any more ,im sick of all this time:disappointed:
Darling Ali. Hate to see you've been suffering all over the Xmas period. See my post of 30th November. Quick fix. Not the greatest idea for people with IBS and believe me I know that one, but better than suffering for so long.

:laughing:
seen shrop dr had to have endema not nice at all feel sore now but scared to eat dunna wont to cus it will block me up agin :disappointed:
the baby birthing is the method i get my husband to use and occassionally ORTISAN FRUIT CUBES from the health shop . A quarter of the cube to start with ..
Here is an update, was prescribed movicol. It worked wonders.

I still have a nipsy like a clowns car.
I have moviecol as well, it`s nice and gentle. I got fed up eating prunes but I discovered bottled prune juice which is easier to take.
I had to laugh the other day when o/h came in holding a sink plunger, he said it`s brilliant for clearing blocked sinks - he thought it might be ideal for me!
Needless to say I declined his offer. lol

Val :laughing:
Internal movement slows exactly as external maybe more so in bowels as they are muscular - after a big meal drugs will take much longer to get through - this is why constipation happens - like trying to blow up a long balloon without stretching it - [not great comparison] things that work for me are mini trampoline - skipping is brilliant for bowell movement and tall stretching or dangling from high bar - crude but effective - and prunes in lemon juice - i eat them like sweets .!
Several pathetic attempts at touching my toes usually helps.
Hi
I've had PD for approx 3 years but thankfully constipation is not a symptom (yet) Funnily enough when I'm having a long telephone conversation, I have to excuse myself after about 10 minutes to go to the loo for a number 2! Is it because I'm relaxed or is it a connection to the breathing process similar I would say to djemm's suggestion?
Very strange but if it keeps me regular then I'll keep on talking!
Hi

Ive just come back from a weekend away with people with pd and their carers. We had a great weekend putting faces to names, as we usually talk on a forum. During the weekend we had all sorts of advice and talks about pd. One talk was given by an OT who also had pd. She showed us some exercises that can be done whilst sitting on the loo which would help the intestines to 'get going'. Whilst being very funny at the time, I have tried it back at home with success.

Only problem I have now is, my hubby, who also suffer constipation is doing them....I cant get him out of the bathroom now. He was always in there for a long time but now I think he must use the use of his legs..lol.

Glenchass
Hi Glenchass,

Your loo exercises sound interesting, could you explain to us how to do them so we can try them out too? Hopefully they won`t be too energetic resulting in toppling off the throne!

Val :stuck_out_tongue:
:wink: and no damage to the dangly bits! :flushed:
Grumpy Gramps tip (this thread 15 April 2010 ) works well, even if you do feel a bit daft!