Coping with PD along with another condition

I was diagnosed with PD in August this year at the age of 38. The routine blood tests identified B12 problems as well. With further tests Pernicious Anaemia was diagnosed. I'm just coming to the end of the intensive course of injections. I think my energy levels are improved. Now I just have to have one injection every 3 months forever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/perniciousanaemia1.shtml

As this is a relatively new thing to me, I was wondering how anyone else is coping and what to possibly expect.

:grin:
Hi, you asked about coping. My diagnostic route began when I was 45, I'm now 49.

I still work full time, which includes working 6 1/2 days at peak times during harvest. I'm still driving, license currently awaiting renewal for its second 3 year duration.

My working day starts with 20-25 minutes on Wii fit, I've recently started wearing wrist weights, 1kg on each, to help maintain core strength. Most mornings I manage a Wii fit age of less than 30!

I started on Sinemet+ 25/100, 3 per day, was on them for 3 1/4 years, now on cocareldopa 50/200 MR 3 per day, with one Sinemet+ 12.5/50 to take with the first MR of the day.

The one thing to note above and beyond anything else is that we are all different. Attitude, medication, symptoms, age, mobility, lifestyle, tolerance of meds etc etc etc.....

PD doesn't always mean you have to stop doing things, it's just more likely you'll start doing things differently.

Regards Tractorman.
Hi kf73,
This topic is right at the forefront off my thoughts at this present moment in time.What happens to a person when diagnosed with Parkinsons when already suffering from another condition,or diagnosed with another condition whilst coming to terms with the Parkinsons?The answer is Endless,astonishing,soul destroying,life altering,sometimes unbearable.
It must be a Double Whammy for you and I can totally sympathise.I will try to be brief,but this is another one of my problems.
I was on a waiting list for psychological therapies way before my pd diagnosis.My condition and behaviour had put my marriage under strain.In the year leading to my diagnosis,I also had a barrage of tests and thought I had cancer.At times I was almost catatonic.My Wife had to help me whilst getting a bath and dry me.Little did I know at that time that I had pd also.Was having separate tests for tremor issues at the time.We were putting that down to Anxiety through social phobia(which i have always had)through waxing and waning mood swings.I had been peeing pure blood and the pain was so bad at times in the lower(intimate areas of my body),that I was rushed to hospital a number of times on gas and air.Nothing found,sent home each time,yet still the tests.
In the end,between that,the gall stones attacks(been suffering for several years)and Neurology tests.My file was massive.Mentally I was gone,wasted.Told my Wife to find someone else.Convinced my life was over,even thought my Wife was poisoning me.The mind is a complex machine.Can do much more damage than the physical.
Eventually in November 09,I sits there and receives my Parkinsons diagnosis,had thought pd,but dismissed because clear brain scan,so was a bit shocked.Was on my own at time(Wife in work)The diagnosis answered a number of questions though,which was a relief.So the meds started.It was already obvious then I was depressed,the G.P and Neurologist wanted to start me on Ant-depressants back then.But I refused,said I would try and get by.
In January 2011,had my 1st councillor/psychologist appointment.I had been on the waiting list 1 1/2 years.He helped me get through the mental barrier of my Gall stones operation in Feb 2011.Along with a member on here named Lorna(who has always been there for me).It appeared I also had a long standing health anxiety also.It was a harrowing time.
The operation had complications and I could barely walk for weeks post op.There could be possibly some sort of post traumatic trauma.The psychologist seemed to think so.Some in the pd community have seen the post op bruising.I thought my time was up.My account is on a previous thread,dating to approx March 2011.
My issues continue,although I am pleased to say the gall bladder problems are generally all behind me now,the peeing blood,intimate problems also.But what can never be fully quantified or realised by others or those within the health profession.Is the effect this all has on the mind.A mind that had always had problems due to childhood issues.
People often wonder how I can be so open with personal issues,it seems to alienate people,who think i'm crazy,looking for sympathy,sensationalising.Truth is,I can put things into words on here,but in person,am withdrawn.On here there is a screen,I can release some inner turmoil.
Nothing I ever write are fabrications.It is the truth.Many don,t want to hear the truth.The truth is though,like you say kf73 "how do you cope with pd along with another condition/issues.It is a most overlooked area.I have broached on it,especially concerning OCD isues,specifically in relation to DA meds.
The whole thing is a lot more complex than most understand.I often say"pd is the least of my worries",but it is always there,an ever constant lingering.
I hope you cope better than myself.Good luck with the treatment and the rest of your Parkinsons journey.And thanks for bringing the topic up.
Take care
Titan
HI IM COPING WITH PD AND RUMATIUOD ANS OSTOPRISH ARHTRIS AND SLIP DISCS WHICH ONE HAS TURNED IN TO BONE AND IT HAS JOIN TO MY SPINAL CORED AND I CANT LIFT ANY THING JUST IN CASE IN CUT IT WHICH WILL LEAVE ME PARALISED FROM THE WAIST DOWN WARDS .I ALSO HAD TWO OPS ON MY ELBOWS BECAUSE I HAD DEAD FINGER .IT WAS TO DO WITH THE NERVES AND TENONS DAMAGE . IT MAY BE A LOT BUT THERES ALWAYS SOME. ONE WORSE OFF .SO I COP BY DOING THINGS DAY BY DAY AND IT DEPENDS ON HOW I FEEL