COVID 19 vaccine

Hi all, does anyone know where people with Parkinson’s appear on the new covid vaccine list ???

Angela xxx

No idea, Angela. I don’t think anything official has been said about that yet. There’s been a fair bit of speculation, about key workers first, which would seem to be common sense, and then age, but I have heard nothing helpful. I wonder if GP surgeries would use flu lists? but the vaccines likely to be ready first are the ones which need to be kept so cold that they are more likely to be dealt with in hospitals not surgeries.

Hi Angela & Mosie,

We’re currently monitoring the advice of the joint committee on vaccines and immunisations and in regular discussion with the Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England (who is working across the UK) on the logistics for any vaccination programmes. As soon as we have more information, this will be added to our coronavirus information page.

Best wishes,

Tom

I heard it will be key worker’s first ie doctors, nurses then careers then people that have medical conditions

Hi gus, I’ve heard this yes, I was wondering what bracket people with Parkinson’s will be, someone said we’re high risk NHS says we’re not ??? Xxx

Hi Angela

Sixth in the ranking is high risk but whatever they decide seventh is moderate risk so hopefully will not make too much difference.

Take care

he list outlines the order in which people could have access to the vaccine, which is:

1. older adults who are resident in a care home and care home workers
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. high-risk adults under 65 years of age
  7. moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
  8. all those 60 years of age and over
  9. all those 55 years of age and over
  10. all those 50 years of age and over
  11. the rest of the population - with priority to be determined.

Hi there funny girl
It’s good to see that you are still about.
Hope all is as well as it can be.
Tommy :pill::pill::pill:

I had the first dose of vaccine on Saturday. Feel rubbish my balance is worse than ever got another booked for March think I will have to just go to bed and stay for a couple of days. I enquired as to the safety with my parkinsons and was told it was ok

Excellent news, I’ve got to wait till around March time for mine, this isolating is starting to get to me… another 3 months :cry:

Hello me’bab, all ok’ish self isolating is starting to get to me , how’s you ??? Xxx

I know what you mean by OK. Ish. I’m just trying to stay as happy as I can, not so sure I’m succeeding though.
Still it’s good to hear from you, I haven’t been using the forum so much as the musketeers seem to have been disbanded, still in touch with Keith though and occasionally Peter but he has a new doggy and a new girlfriend (in that order) so understandably he’s busy and hopefully happy.
I’ve been doing a little bit with Johnny Parky on his radio show and I’ve also joined bookface also been listening to dj claire on radio parkies.
You take care and stay safe
Tommy xxx

Hi , I’m 49 and having covid injection this Thursday also my wife as she’s my full-time carer had text from gp saying I am in high risk so brilliant news 18th February 12pm

Having injection this Thursday in High risk and wife as well full-time carer. I’m 49yrs old