Covid and PD

Hi all
Newbie to the forum!
Been diagnosed just over a year now and mostly coping ok, 4 weeks ago I caught covid really bad. Since then my PD has taken a real downward spiral, my tablets are no longer working! I’m worried about increasing them; as it could be a temporary blip?? :crossed_fingers:
Anyone else out there have a similar experience?
Little nanny

Hi and welcome to the forum @Littlenanny. I’m very glad hear that you have recovered and are coping after your illness. You’ll find our members very friendly and I’m sure someone will be along soon to share their own experiences of having Parkinson’s and Covid. While you’re waiting, you might find this page offers some answers.

Hopefully, you’ve been able to get some advice from your health care team about the effects on your medication and it might be adjusted now. Sometimes these things take a while to get right.

If you’d like to get some support during this challenging time, don’t forget our helpline advisers are there to listen. You can reach them on 0808 800 0303.

Do take care,
Janice
Forum Moderation Team

Hi @Littlenanny & welcome, I contracted covid just before Easter but it did not affect my medication. What I would suggest you do is to either speak to a Parkinsons Nurse or your Neurologists Secretary. but don’t increase them without seeking advice first.

Les

Thank you very much for your reply, I will try my Parkinson’s nurse and go from there.
Glad to hear you didn’t have any lasting effects from covid!
Thanks
Littlenanny

Happy to help, anything else that springs to mind don’t hesitate to ask, we’re a pretty friendly bunch on here. Have yourself a good weekend, take care, stay safe.

Les