Covid recovery

Hello,

My dad is on his 8th day of testing positive for covid (whilst also fighting cellulitis on top) as you can imagine it’s had quite an affect on his Parkinson’s symptoms. He was in hospital last week and after taking oxygen and antibiotics was discharged home.

I know it’s going to take time to recover from this as it’s quite the battle he had fighting 2 illnesses whilst his meds weren’t working. Just wondered if anyone else with PD has had covid how their recovery was? How long it took and any tips that might help my dad speed it up? Many thanks, Aimee x

Hi @Aimee72391,

I’m very sorry to hear about the difficult time your dad is having. My heart goes out to him.

Unfortunately Covid-19 affects everyone differently, especially those with Parkinson’s, so what one individual experiences may not translate well to another. I still do hope some of our members stop by to share their stories with you, though, as it may still bring comfort and relief. Just to know that he is not alone in what he is going through - and he’s certainly not!

Keep an eye on his symptoms - even if his recuperation is slow, as long as he is slowly improving then you can breathe more easily knowing he is on the mend. Getting lots of rest, eating well, staying hydrated, and taking vitamin supplements - as generic as the advice sounds - does wonders for the body.

You are also more than welcome to contact one of our advisers on the helpline on 0808 800 0303. They may be able to provide you with some tips that can help alleviate his discomfort and make the recovery process more pleasant for him.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Sincerely,
Joy
Forum Moderator