Dad newly diagnosed

Dad newly diagnosed they have said parkinism, he has started levdopa but since starting this his symptoms have got a lot worse stuttering his speech forgetting words and the tremors seem to have to got worse than before trying to tell him he needs to go back to GP to tell them about the new symptoms but he says he should give the medication more time is there a reason why the levodopa will do this ?

It is hard for you to be Dads carer, but you sound as though you are doing a good job, from having PD for a while and I must admit sometimes my hubby who is my carer does not know which way to turn, I think you need more advice and you have contacted the forum for help . OPP""SSS sorry I should have said Welcome to our site. Advice telephone "“Parkinson’s UK” and speak to one of their advisers. I am sure they will answer most of your questions, or put you in touch with someone who can. Please please post again and let us know how you have gone on. It’ s hard to fight PD on your own.

Hi Geegee,
Welcome to our community forum. Unfortunately Parkinson’s medications do not affect every patient the same, and often dosages need to be changed over time based on your medical team’s observations. We of course recommend reaching out to them with any concerns. However, as Mary kindly suggested, we do have a free and confidential helpline staffed with helpful, knowledgeable advisors whom you can reach on 0808 800 0303. They offer a variety of services, so please do reach out. In the meantime, do have a look around the forum as you like, and please accept our warmest welcome.
All the best,
Jason
Forum Moderator