Dads problems

My dad is 85 and was admitted to a mental health unit on friday morning. Undiagnosed yet but poss psychotic depression. Never been considered for parkinsons. However, he has had a tremor for a good few years which he has never looked into. Recently he has started with weeing problems, frequent, taking ages and producing little etc. Hes constipated, hes been complaining of a cold for over a year, for which he uses the cheap £1 inhalers from chemist and also a funny taste and a slimy mouth. The drs havent considered or prescribed for any of these. He has lost a lot of his sight recently which has taken him into a depression which has now got so bad he is in a MH unit. He has always stooped due to spondylitis which he got in his 40s but he has become slower but we put that down to age. He has got balance issues and dizzy spells and hot flushes all the time. After reading the symptoms I think this is pointing to advanced parkinsons. Any thoughts? X

Hi @Shazzah73,

Welcome to the community.
We’re sorry to hear about your dad’s condition and we would recommend discussing your concerns with his doctor. We’re also sure that some of our members will be along soon to share their experiences with you.
In the meantime, you may find this section of our website useful Do I Have Parkinson’s? and you are welcome to call our free Helpline for advice
and support on 0808 800 0303. They are open from Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm and Saturday from: 10am-2pm.

Best wishes,
Edwina
Moderation Team