Dance for Parkinson’s: Online Classes

I came across this, if anyone’s interested -
Dance for Parkinson’s: Online Classes - English National Ballet

"five-week term of Dance for Parkinson’s classes held online, and open to anyone living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers in the United Kingdom.

Our Dance for Parkinson’s classes can help with managing daily living with Parkinson’s – from enhancing fluidity of movement to improving balance. Now is a great time to try them from the comfort of home!

Delivered by English National Ballet Associate Dance Artists and Musicians, the five classes will creatively explore the themes, music and choreographic language of Nutcracker, the iconic Christmas ballet set to Tchaikovsky’s popular score.

Term dates and time
Every Friday between 5 Nov and 3 Dec, 11am – 12.30pm
You will receive the Zoom link the day before the first class from 4pm"

3 Likes

thanks Lemon, I’m going to give it a whirl although my balance may dictate otherwise :joy:
Tot

1 Like

hI Lemon, This looks great, Im going to have look. I started a very gentle Pilates class. Sitting down and standing holding a chair. So great for those with balance issues. Plus even if i did manage to get down on a mat, there’s not a hope in heaven I could get up. :rofl:
Esme x

3 Likes

thanks for flagging this up Lemon. Enormous fun and would highly recommend.
Tot

2 Likes

Hello Tot I have just come across this subject and would like to add that our Local Parkinsons group have just introduced this ‘dance’ excercise to our agenda and it’s brilliant. We have a two hour session on Fridays and the class is supported by two lovely young ladies are very good at what they do and are great fun while doing the sessions with us. I would certainly recommend this, as a group we have a great time.

Sheffy

1 Like

That’s great Sheffy it makes a huge difference when you find something you enjoy.