Dat scan result - what happens now

I had a letter from Neurologist yesterday saying my dat scan was normal with no clear evidence of PD but he wanted to keep an eye on me as it was unusual to have a chin tremor, my only symptom and he would see me in clinic at a later date.

I should be pleased with result but have also read that early signs of PD do not show up on a scan, is this true? Have other people had a normal scan but also have PD?

My other problem hasn’t gone away, my daughter and husband still want me to move house and area to live beside her and family. This was initially because we thought I had PD and she could help. The Neurologist had said at a private appointment there was no other cause of a tremor of the chin. It is definitely make my mind up time as our house is under offer. Kind regards.

Hi @gemsmum,

Current evidence suggests that Parkinson’s tends to develop gradually. It may be many months, even years, before the symptoms become obvious enough for someone to go to the doctor. If you’d like more information on how Parkinson’s is diagnosed, we have an entire section on our website which I think you’ll find helpful. You can find this page here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/how-parkinsons-diagnosed.

Our helpline and Parkinson’s local advisers are here to answer any questions you have about Parkinson’s. Call us on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah