Dat scan

its been a while since i posted on here and i wonder if someone can anwser this question for me.
i had a dat scan 2 years ago and was treated for pd and then had another a year later and they said i did,nt have it,anyway what i what to ask is can a person have a normal dat scan and have pd,reason im asking this is that recently when out walking i tend to take small quick steps and i try to take strides and conterate its a effort.or ive other probelms.
i will be thankful for replies.

janine
Dear Janine, I have just written to you a long reply - poof, gone. Here is the jist of it:
As you know , A DaT scan is not a definitive test for pd. It tends to be done after other tests (E.G. MRI)have ruled out other causes of symptoms. So it is used to confirm (or not) a dx of pd. But it is not absolutely conclusive - only the best available.
May I ask why you had a 2nd DAT scan? Was it because the prescribed medication was not helping?
I apologise if I repeat myself Janine. It must be difficult to trust the medics after so many to's & fro's. I think it is time to trust YOU. And you can do that as no dr or scan is able

Very best wishes
Hi Ab ,the 2nd dat scan was done cause another neurologist suggested i did,nt have pd so he question the dx on a basis of what he thought at the time ,so my one that orginally dx had to go along with it probabley his intreerity was in question,i dont know,the drug i was on was ropinole and i get collapeing so was took of it by this second and that was it.could i go back to my gp and say about my walking even through all this had gone on ?who would beleive me?
My dear Janine, yes I think you should go back to your GP. S/he is obliged to deal with the presenting symptoms. Previous records may be taken into account but it is the current situation that needs to be dealt with . You will be believed Janine, if you tell the truth. It takes guts & causes no little stress, but it is worth it if it leads to your future wellbeing. Which you deserve and are entitled to anticipate

My best wishes