DaTscan yesterday

I had my scan yesterday so now just need to wait for the results. Just a quick query to those of you who've had it before or know the techi side... the scan was followed by a quick 'ct' scan (I think that's what she said), is that usual? Do DaTscans show purely the dopamine activity or other things too?
Thanks

Did you move scanners as CT is a different machine, I think but not definite about that? If not you may have misheard. "Quick repeat scan,"'maybe. As far as I am aware the radioisotope used in a DaT scan shows the dopamine cell areas specifically.

Hi Silverkins, thanks for your reply. No, I didn't move machines - when the DaTscan bit was finished she came and moved the plates further away from me and said what I thought was 'just a quick CT scan, it'll only take a minute' and this time the bench I was on moved along in stages so that head, neck and chest were scanned - it only took about 4 minutes.
Xx

datscan is a radioactive chemical used to highlight dopamine activity using a CT machine. presumably they meant another scan using the same machine but not tuned for datscan emissions.

i had a Datscan that lasted approx 30 mins, i laid on a narrow bench and the plates surround head. nothing moved over my body just around head.... i had to have an injection first. the scan and injection stuff focus on the dopamine producing cells..

good luck hope alls well

tc