DatScan

HI, I had a dat scan two years and the result came back as equivocal , my symptom’s have got progressively worse since then I even need a stick to walk now and I am always exhausted. I have now got a date for another dat scan next month, could it be possibly for the next scan to show the same results ???

Hi @wales_1,

This is quite a tricky situation and I can understand why you maybe feeling concerned. I think the best thing you can do is wait for the second Datscan results for an official diagnosis. We have a section on our website which goes into detail about the interpretation of a Datscan which you may find helpful. You can find this page here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/professionals/clinical-summary-use-datscan.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Reah, I eventually had my second Datscan results and it stated that there had been a significant change to the one that was done in 2017, and that it was more suggestive to be parkinsonian disorder, have you ever heard of this any adive would be great .
Many Thanks

Hi @wales_1,

I’m really sorry that you’ve had such a flaky journey so far, unfortunately, this isn’t uncommon for people with Parkinson’s. I think you’d really benefit from speaking to one of our advisers via our helpline as they have a lot of knowledge in this area and can provide you with more support on this.

Please give us a call on 0808 800 0300 or email us on [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah

HI Reah finally saw my consultant who told me my recent dat scan showed more deteration than the last one so he has started me on co carelodpa, so finally things have got sorted after so long thank you for the advice .

Hi @wales_1,

No need to thank me, I’m just glad to hear that you were able to see your consultant and your medication is now sorted. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes,
Reah