Dbs and breast cancer

I had bilateral DBS last January. I have had a wonderful result. Unfortunately, I was just diagnosed with invasive Ductile breast cancer. Because i can not have an MRI i have had aCAT scan with contrast finding more locations. I am now scheduled for a stereotactic bospsy. Of course the affected breast is the same side as my neurostimulstor.
My question is: has anyone else had a DBS and then been treated with chemo and/ or radiation?

Please let me know so I know eha to expect.
Thanks in advanced for your help
Toby

1 Like

Hi @tobyh,

A warm welcome to the forum.

First of all, I’m really sorry to hear that you are going through this, I’m sure coming to terms with you cancer diagnosis as well as dealing with Parkinson’s is a lot to handle. As your situations is quite unique, we don’t have much information on this on our website, however, we have a team of advisers via our helpline that can provide you with the support you need.

Please give us a call on 0808 800 0303 from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm, or you can email [email protected]. You can also speak to a local adviser who can also offer help and support on your condition, you can search for your closest one here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/helpline-and-local-advisers

Do take care and I hope you find this information helpful.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hello Toby,
I have just noticed your message which was 2 years ago, and I am wondering what happened, whether you had radiotherapy and if so how did it go.
I’m interested because the same thing is happening to me, and I’m supposed to have radiotherapy but I’m worried about the DBS Neurostimulator located in my chest the same side as the cancer.
I’d love to know how you got on
Trish

Hi Trishy,
We just noticed this was your first post and wanted to say a quick hello, and let you know that, in addition to the resources on the website, you can call and speak to an adviser, free and confidentially, at 0808 800 0303. They may have some specific information to impart regarding your current circumstances.
We also hope you’ll enjoy getting the know the Forum and the lovely people who make up the community.
All the best,
Jason
Moderation Team