DBS

Hi All,

My name is Tony, I’m 54 and alcoholic… oops sorry, wrong forum! Ha…
In April this year I had DBS implants, I’d run out of options for meds and agonists really don’t suit me.
I genuinely wish I hadn’t bothered, I’ve been back to clinic six times for rolling road tuning and other than the first time when I left feeling twenty years younger I’m not getting anywhere.
A recent holiday in Turkey was a nightmare with staff at scanning, they shove two million people a year through four scanners at Bristol and don’t want to know.
Please, someone tell me this will be okay soon, very tired of life right now, has anyone else taken ages to settle on the correct settings?

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

So sorry to hear you’re struggling with your DBS implants. You can find lots of detailed information relating to the treatment on our website, here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/deep-brain-stimulation. Hopefully there’s something there that you will find useful.

Please remember you can also call our Helpline free on 0808 800 0303, on Monday-Friday from 9am-7pm, and on Saturday from10am-2pm. They’ll be very happy to advise you on any queries or concerns you may have.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team.

Hi yeah at first I went back and forth about 8 times. The best thing suggested was when I stayed in over night as reset settings checking me all day and following day .That felt and worked better. Your get there took me 18 months to get spot on still twick with meds now

Hi @WobblyRon
Had! My DBS last year in February they are still finding the right program it is OK at! The moment but it might play up again who knows .just sit tight and it will all come good in the end