Deep Brain Stimulation and seizures

Has anyone any experience of a oonection between increasing the level of stimulation and seizures

Hi and welcome to the forum, @Positive_thinker,

Are you talking about deep brain stimulation? There is a connection between DBS and involuntary muscle contractions
(dystonia or dyskinesia) in some people. This can usually be managed with some changes to the programming. You can read more about DBS here. Perhaps you can talk a bit more about your own experience so that others can understand the situation and chime in with their own stories.

I’m sure you’ll be hearing from our friendly members shortly. In the meantime, you’ll find a lot of useful information about different topics relating to Parkinson’s so do explore in your own time. Our helpline is also here to help if you need someone to speak to so do give them a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Janice
Forum Moderation Team

Hi Positive _thinker,

I had DBS two years ago and every day experience dyskinesia in my left foot (left side is most affected in my condition). Whilst I have attempted slightly to adjust settings/meds, I am reliant on my consultant to reprogramme the stimulator so have to live with it until the next appointment unfortunately.

All good things
S