Deep sleep

Hello   Last night or rather this morning I took my slow release Madopar 1.25mg  at 1.00 am and went to bed, as I was very tired I fell asleep in a instant.  and did not wake until 7.30 am for the traditional bathroom  visit and also the fitting of Duodopa  this was done and by then I had dozed off,  FATAL whenever I do that I go into deeeeeeeeeeeeep sleep and cannot wake, I almost made it three or four times and failed it was a hideous dream that forced me to return to a conscious state but this was 10.20am I never sleep that long the latest being 8.00am  , is this the start of a new phase of PD  if it is I am terrified as it  makes me feel like  I am dying and often I feel I am in a deep long tunnel with a pinprick of light at the end, and I struggle towards it, I am finding it more and more difficult to reach the light, does anyone else have this alarming situation occur , its not nice.

Kindest Regards           Fed

so you went to sleep with the duodopa on?

people who have duodopa 24hrs only take 2/3rds dose during the night. if you go to sleep with it on you may be in effect overdosing. did anyone say why it is off at night? i know from experience that od of levadopa causes the sort of thing you were describing. so i would suggest once you are plugged in you stay upright and awake. 

take care.

HELLO   Turnip,I take the Ddpa, off before I go to bed, I also take 1    1.25mg slow release capsule , this does help a little with mobility in the early hours but its not until  the pump is refitted  about 7.30 that normal service is returned..but if I allow myself to drift back into sleep thats when its hard to wake up.

Best wishes   Fed

just 1 slo release for the whole night seems a bit low to me compared with what i take.

What dosage do you take, and is it working, its 2.00am here and I am just going into battle with the demons I am taking my teddy though he stopped being effective 60yrs  ago

Good night my friend  or gute Nacht  meine Frieunde as a Deutzlander would say

I am going to try and learn German                  Fed

I take a normal madopar at 9 and 2 slow release at 10. (sometimes 3). i sleep from 10 till 4 and 5 till 7. only a proportion of slow release get through compared to ordinary and they take several hours to kick in.. my personal opinion is that a lot of people are under medicated at night but in fact it is just as important as the day. thats just my opinion.

HI TURNIP

just been to gps today to get my precription for sinemet cr slow release for night time,  really stiff at night ,hard to move round & aches. will let you know how i get on ! wise one master jedi

Hi Turnip

I am interested in your reply re slow release madopar,I was diagnosed may 2012 and started right away on madopar,this may 2013 a slow release was prescribed at night,and was started on selegeline  at thisvtime,I take 125 madopar at approx 7,12,and 5 then the slow release around 10ish, this helped my sleeping but now its not so good, i would like to keep the med s on a low dose as long as i can,do u Think an extra madopar around 9 to 10ish would be better than an extra slow release.I dont  go back 2 the neur for 9 months but will likely contact the pd nurse shortly,thanks for any advise on this 

1big grin

rr

hi Anne

i would discuss it with your pd nurse. the nurse can pass on your questions to neuro, but as its a game f chinese whispers make sure your message is clear and simple!  

dear gushopper (do you remember Kung Fu?)

food for the day is harvested by moonlight

the sleeper must turn like goose on a spit, or will be half-cooked for the next day's feast

Master Poo

Hi master poo .  i remember hi karate soap on a rope,all use both sides,ie so one side does not where out before the other first. master! turnip

you learn well Gushopper

Thank you wise one ! have a good 1st day of 2014 you & family

you too. now am off to sleepybyes

Whats sleepybyes, am I to understand its a system used in cricket , our once brilliant English players shamed by a wihitewash, its all too easy to blame the heat and the sledging anything but the lack of team spirit I  firmly believe there is a class distinction situation in our National team where the very well off well educated players look down on the lower class You  can sense it , they have ceased to gell as  a team and will surely go  backwards if some kicking of A???s  is not meted out, in short they have dozed off in the Aussie sun , and yes they have gone sleepybyes so in the unlikely event that one of the abysmal excuse for a cricket team will  read this,,,,,,,,,,FE????g WAKE  UP.

Fedevilsad face